We would like to thank the large number of participants who were able to join the telephone town hall last night to get the latest information about negotiations with Canada Post.
For those who were not able to join us on the call, the message is clear:
Your bargaining team rejects Canada Post’s last offer
- The bargaining team is rejecting Canada Post’s last offer and is encouraging members to do the same.
- Despite the fact that Canada Post received pension relief their position in bargaining remains unchanged – demanding significant concession on a number of issues including job security and pensions.
- A strong NO vote is a vote to defend your pension plan and job security.
Protect your pension
- Despite the pension relief provided by the federal government Canada Post is trying to impose a defined contribution (DC) on all future employees. The long term plan is to introduce this change to others working throughout Canada Post. This represents a direct threat to your retirement security as there are numerous problems with DC plans. Under DC plans you can’t adequately plan for retirement because you can’t predict your post retirement income.
- Meetings will be held across the country and members will receive a full vote kit. PSAC has made a commitment to complete the vote process by April 27, 2014.
- The Specifics regarding timing and location will be announced as soon as possible.