Since the last Atlantic Council meeting in October, 2013 I have attended the events listed below in my role of Provincial Director for Nova Scotia. In addition to this I have maintained my position of President, Nova Scotia Area Council 1, Vice President, UTE Local 80003, and President’s Representative for Tax Services Offices on the UTE’s National Staffing Committee.
• Attended PSAC Atlantic Council Meetings October 17-20, 2013.
• Participated in Atlantic Council Teleconference November 7,
2013 concerning Bills C-4, C-377, and C-525.
• Chaired Area Council Meeting November 4, 2013.
• Attended Veterans March of Concern regarding the pending
Closure of the Veterans Affairs Office in Sydney, NS November 9,
• Attended the PSAC Atlantic Health and Safety Conference as
part of the Organizing Committee November 1 – 3, 2013.
• Attended a Lobby Meeting with Liberal Senator James Cowan
regarding Changes to Health and Safety and Collective
Bargaining contained in Bill C-4 November 8, 2013.
• Attended UTE Local 80003 AGM November 6, 2013
• Participated in Plant Gates for UTE Local 80003 in support of
PSAC/UTE Negotiations with CRA as well as provide members
with information on Bill C-4; October 31, 2013 and December 2, 2013.
• Attended Dedication Ceremony of PSAC R.O. Boardroom in
Honour of Dr. J. Calbert Best December 10, 2013.
• Chaired NS Area Council AGM January 20, 2014.
• Participated in Atlantic Convention By-Laws Sub Committee
Meeting January 25, 2014.
• Participated in Atlantic Regional Town Hall Conference Call January 15, 2014.
• Attended UTE National Staffing Committee Meetings January
Respectfully Submitted in Solidarity,
Chris Di Liberatore
Nova Scotia Provincial Director