Since the last Atlantic Council meeting in February 2012 I have attended the following events in my role of Provincial Director for Nova Scotia.
- Attended and spoke at the Robofraud Rally March 2012
- Lobbied Liberal Senator Cowan on Food Safety, Closure of Search and Rescue Sub-Centres, Closure of EI Call Centres and Processing Centres as well as cuts to Public Services in General as a result of the up coming budget
- Organized the March 21, 2012“Standing Together for Public Services” event at the
CRAwork site in Halifax
- Attended Budget Watch 2012
- Attended PSAC National Triennial Convention.
- Lobbied South Shore-St. Margaret’s MP Gerald Keddy and delivered an affected letter to him
- Participated in 3 Atlantic Council Teleconferences
- Organized and attended 4 Area Council Meetings
- Became a member of the Nova Scotia Federation of Labour Political Action Committee
- Took on the role of Union Representative on the Workplace Health and Safety Committee at the
CRAAtlantic Regional Office
- Attended the Sept 15 Day of Action Planning meeting
In addition to the above, I have maintained my position as President for Nova Scotia Area Council 1, Vice President, UTE Local 80003, and President’s Representative for Tax Services Offices on the UTE’s National Staffing Committee.
Chris Di Liberatore
Nova Scotia Provincial Director