The purpose of this two-day workshop is to raise awareness about mental health in the workplace and to equip individual employees with the knowledge and skills they need to proactively and effectively support a psychologically safe and healthy workplace.
The objectives of the Mental Health in the Workplace workshop are to:
- Build awareness about the continuum of mental health in the workplace;
- Compare myths and misconceptions about mental health problems with factual information;
- Explore the impact of different forms of stigma towards people living with mental health problems;
- Identify the indicators and workplace factors of psychological health and safety in the workplace;
- Discuss the legal responsibilities and the roles and responsibilities in ensuring healthy workplaces;
- Explain the compelling reasons for ensuring psychological health and safety in the workplace;
- Expand participants’ understanding of some signs and symptoms of mental health problems and discuss different support and accommodation measures;
- Examine different dimensions of wellness;
- Discuss key factors that support recovery from mental health problems;
- Determine actions that can be taken to support psychological health and safety in the workplace.