In my role as director for the Maritimes, since Feb 2013 I have attended several events and taken on different roles within PSAC.
• Acting as Regional Education Officer for February 2013
• Work with Organizer Dave Shaw in March 2013
• Lobbied Robert Chisholm and Peter Stoffer
• Attend PSAC Health and Safety Conference. Chairperson in the Atlantic Regional Caucus
• Attend Area Council meetings
• Attend UTE Presidents Conference in March, 2013
• Participated in the PSAC leadership conference April, 2013
• Attended Atlantic Health Care Coalition annual meeting on behalf of the REVP
• Delegate to the UTE Mental Health Conference in May, 2013
• Attended National Tech Change meetings with UTE management
• Chaired a conference call regarding PSAC Atlantic Health and Safety conference in Nov
• Was a delegate to the UTE interregional in PEI in June, 2013
• Held a BBQ at local 80003 during public service week
• Attended and supported our sisters and brothers at the Halifax Pride Parade in July, 2013
• Participated in a Atlantic Council Teleconference on August 20, 2013
• Attended a meet and greet with Tomas Muclair, Darrel Dexter and Robert Chisholm. Discussed cuts to the Public Services in our region
• With Provincial Director Di Liberatore, we are arranging a meeting with MP Robert Chisholm to discuss “pay in arrears”
• Attended the Labour Day Parade
• Also, I have been selected to sit on the AD_HOC committee with regards to structure at UTE
Outside these events, I hold the positions of Local President of UTE local 80003. Chair of PSAC Health and Safety Committee of the Regional Council, President Rep for National Tech Change Committee, hold a position on several committees with the employer, and lastly, a member of the NS Federation of Labour Health and Safety Committee.
I am accountable for all the events I have attended on your behalf and constantly advocate improvements to the Public Service.