Convention Call Out Found HERE
The 8th Triennial PSAC Atlantic Region Convention will be held in St. John’s, NL June 26-28, 2020 at the Delta Hotel St. John’s.
In accordance with Resolution CS-51A, which was passed at the 2018 National Triennial Convention, all PSAC Regional Triennial Conventions will be fully funded.
Here are some important dates that members in the Atlantic should be aware of:
- Regional Convention – June 26,27,28, 2020
- Resolutions Deadline – Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Delegate Registration Deadline – Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Branches and Locals
We encourage Branches and Locals to start planning to hold elections for delegates according to the applicable Branch or Local bylaws.
The formula to be used for delegate entitlement is as follows: each Branch or Local will be eligible for one (1) delegate per 215 members, or portion thereof (not including RANDs). This will be based on the best month of the last twelve (12) months, using membership numbers supplied by the staff in the Membership Section in Ottawa.
If the membership numbers your component has are different than those numbers supplied for the PSAC membership branch, please let us know as there have been some discrepancies due to Phoenix.
Travel and Accommodation
All travel and accommodation for delegates will be booked by PSAC Atlantic. A deadline for airline travel will be established.
Travel and accommodation will be booked in accordance with the PSAC Travel Policy and all delegates will be entitled to stay in residence at the venue should they wish.
Regional Committees (Area Councils, Human Rights, Women’s, Young Workers)
Only committees which meet the following criteria will be eligible to elect delegates to the 2020 Convention:
- Meeting a minimum of four times per year;
- Minutes of committee meetings forwarded to the appropriate REVP within thirty days of the meeting;
- Annual budget and financial statements prepared and submitted to the appropriate REVP for approval;
- Committee has a plan of action submitted to the REVP;
Delegates shall be allocated as follows to those Committees and Area Councils which meet the criteria above:
- Each active Area Council shall be entitled to elect one (1) delegate;
- Each active Regional Women’s Committee shall be entitled to elect one (1) delegate;
- Each active Regional Human Rights shall be entitled to elect one (1) delegate;
- Two (2) elected regional National Aboriginal Peoples’ Circle representatives shall be delegates;
- Each active Regional Young Workers Committee shall be entitled to elect (1) delegate.
Regional Committees should begin to start planning to hold elections for delegates according to the committee’s respective bylaws.
Component National Officers shall be delegates in the region in which they live or work. Members of the NBoD and full time Component Vice-Presidents shall be entitled to delegate status in the caucus in which they have elected to participate.
A limited amount of observer seats will be available. All expenses (travel, accommodation, etc.) will be the responsibility of the observer.
Information will soon be available on the Atlantic Regional website. Please share with your networks and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the REVP’s office at the following coordinates:
Phone: (902) 445-0925