Breaking the Silence Guatemala, May 5 – 19, 2018
All applications must be received by February 7, 2018
The Breaking the Silence (BTS) project, is supported by the PSAC Social Justice Fund. BTS engages members to deepen their understanding of Guatemala and to build solidarity with Mayan communities.
Breaking the Silence https://www.tatacentre.ca/index.php/partnerships/bts (English only) is organizing a delegation to travel to Guatemala in May 2018 to work with, and learn from grass roots organizations empowering communities.
The tour for this project is focused on PSAC members from the Atlantic region,
SJF Subsidy program: The PSAC Social Justice Fund is offering subsidies for two PSAC members for the 2018 delegation. Please complete the attached application.
The subsidy does not cover the loss of salary.
Members who receive a subsidy from the PSAC Social Justice Fund, will be asked to write an article upon their return to Canada. This article will be posted on the PSAC Social Justice Fund website.
Participants are required to participate in the orientation weekend prior to travelling on February 9 – 11, 2018 and another session upon returning.
The group will participate in workshops, ceremonies and visit Mayan communities.
- You will be notified once all applications are reviewed.
- You must be 18 years and older to be eligible.
- The working languages will be English and Spanish.
- You will be required to have a valid passport (see www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/index.asp).
- Space is limited, so please return your application as soon as possible.
- Please return your completed application by February 7, 2018 to:
PSAC Social Justice Fund
233 Gilmour Street, Ottawa ON K2P 0P1
C/O Janet St. Jean